Sunday 24 May 2015

Hello there!

Well. I've always been told that if you're unable to find the content you want, then you should create it. So, here it is. I've spent more hours than I care to admit trawling the internet for blogs, forums, pictures, reviews, information and communities to share my wargaming passion with, but sometimes I come up short. I find bits and pieces of information that I want spread all over the place, and I find myself making longer and longer posts on various forums expressing my views and generally taking up space and wasting time. So I've decided, in an attempt to condense all that waffle and information, to create my own blog.

This is my first post so it will serve as an introduction, both for myself and the blog in general. I'm a wargaming enthusiast from rural Australia. I am in my thirties, married with a family, and generally just your average Joe Wargamer trying to fit my games of toy soldiers around work, family commitments and other bothersome interferences. I am a bit of a wandering wargaming floozy, flitting from one game to another as the mood takes me. My current passion is X Wing by Fantasy Flight Games. For those not in the know, X Wing is a dogfighting game set during the Star Wars galactic civil war. Which is to say, during the original trilogy. It's a very tight, balanced game that has only a handful of rules and the miniatures come pre-painted, which is awesome if you've got a tremendous painting backlog like I do.

My intention for this blog is to share the wargaming, painting and modelling knowledge I have so others can use it (and not incidentally, so I can keep it all in one place). Expect reviews on products, hints and tips for modelling and painting, ways to pimp out your games, and hopefully most of my articles will contain an Australian point of view. Which means that products recommended and stores mention should be available for Australian readers to find, which isn't always the case!

That's it for now. Expect updates sporadically when I can be bothered, and pictures when I can find my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment